North Carolina Department of Public Instruction – Office of the Superintendent
Learn more about the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction – Office of the Superintendent here
Superintendent Mark Johnson is excited to host an IOP intern in Summer 2018.
The intern will:
- Provide constituent services, communications support, policy support as directed by the Superintendent of Public Instruction and Office of the State Superintendent staff.
- Must maintain a positive and professional demeanor in communicating with federal officials, state officials, district leadership, character leadership, educators and other external stakeholders on a day-to-day basis. Finally, the position requires a person who is self-directed and who can quickly shift gears and handle frequent interruptions and course changes in a dynamic office environment. Should value accuracy, timeliness and support the Superintendent’s mission and goals.
- Constituent Services – fielding questions, providing answers, researching appropriate resources to substantiate information given to public inquiries made to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Communications Support – drafting letters and other communications to district leadership, charter leadership, educators, parents and other external stakeholders on behalf of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Policy Support – completes policy research and legislative reviews at the direction of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, Superintendent’s policy advisors, and Superintendent’s legal counsel.