Summer 2018 Internships
The Institute of Politics arranges paid summer internship opportunities for returning Carolina undergraduates interested in exploring a summer in politics and public service. From legislative offices to think-tanks to top-tier PR agencies, students have the chance to explore internships in a variety of politically-related fields and organizations.
For Summer 2018, the IOP will offer 20 internships in Washington D.C. and across North Carolina. IOP interns are responsible for completing 8-12 weeks of full-time, substantive work and will be fully funded by the IOP at $3000 for North Carolina internships and at $4000 for Washington D.C. internships.
The organizations below have agreed to host or consider hosting an IOP intern for Summer 2018. In addition to our application, candidates may also be asked to provide supplemental material and/or interview depending on the particular opportunity.
More internships will be added over the next two weeks, so be sure to check back periodically to view the full range of internship opportunities we are offering for Summer 2018. Please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with any questions in the meantime.
Applications are due before Friday, January 19 at 11:59 PM, and candidates will hear back on or before Friday, January 26.
North Carolina internships:
- Lillian’s List Action Fund
- Martin Center for Academic Renewal
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction – Office of the Superintendent
- Campaign Connections
- Office of Governor Roy Cooper – Policy Division
- The North Carolina Justice Center
- Urban3 + Strong Towns
- John Locke Foundation
- City of Raleigh - Sustainability Office
- NC Department of Justice
Washington D.C. internships:
- American Enterprise Institute
- Blue State Digital
- Office of Congressman David Price (D-NC)
- Office of Congressman Mark Meadows (R-NC)
- Heritage Foundation
- Precision Strategies
- Office of Senator Richard Burr (R-NC)
- Office of Senator Thom Tillis (R-NC)
- Office of U.S. Congressman Mark Walker (R-NC)